|A Check List in Choosing the Right Firm
Before you invest in a new kitchen or home improvement project it is important that you shop carefully. Be sure the firm you choose meets these requirements.
- Specialists on staff that have your interest at heart and must listen to your needs and ideas. It is your home, and you will be living with the results for a long, long time.
- Professional planning service offering complete plans with specifications of all the items and work being furnished. An accurate proposal so you know what you are paying for.
- Showroom with model kitchens. You should see and tour some examples of the cabinetry, work surfaces, and fixtures that will be part of your project. Compare the quality, and make sure it meets your standards.
- Complete installation service by QUALIFIED installers.
- Communication. You need to know what preparation you need, when to expect things, how to manage while the remodeling is being done.
- References. Ask for at least 3 references of recent kitchen projects. CALL THEM! Ask:
- Did the project stay on budget?
- Was it completed on time?
- Was the quality of work what you expected?
- Complete selection of cabinetry styles and accessories. With the advances in remodeling technology, you want to choose what is best for you. Be sure you can choose from many styles, not just what may be currently on hand.